Monday, September 8, 2008

The Family Name

Rachel wrote an amazing devotional today about this verse. Ephesians 4:24 She really brought it home reminding us that if we are Christians. That is people that have accepted Christ and are Christ followers that we are all a family. The family of God.
Here's the thing that got to me about what she said. She said it this way. If we don't act like Christians. If we do things we know we shouldn't do then we
"dishonor the family name" Wow. I am not sure if I ever thought about it that way.

She mentioned a couple of things. Those "small sins" like gossip,whining,nagging. But really none of them are small. All those things dishonor the family name. I was hit between the eyes with this. I thought of my frustration with certain things that are going on in my life. And I loose sight of not only who I am but also what God is providing.

Please go over to Rachel's and read the entire post. And also if you need something to make you smile today read the post titled "Who's your daddy."

Here's the photo illustration of the verse.


I am getting points today, because I am sharing the verse and posting it. Yea.
BTW I did do the book challenge over the weekend so more points there.
I hope to post photo's soon.

No comments: