Friday, July 8, 2016

Finished It But . . .

This week I worked on using up my stash of fabrics . . . 
                                T:
I had this stack of precuts plus abijillion more.  And I made this . . . 
Quilt Top:
It turned out much cuter than I expected even with a mistake . . . 
Quilt Opps:
That thankfully was the very last block. My poor doggies are upside down!
I made this in an attempt at using up all those cut blocks.  That were mostly florals.   Which needed to be used.  I certainly stepped out of my comfort zone by putting all these fabrics and themes together. 
And, I was on a roll until I ran out of thread.  So this little number sits and waits for the fabulous border  I have planned. 

But when I'm in a mood to sew I can't be stopped. 
I found a spool of navy thread and I produced these . . . 
Blue Quilt Blocks:
And a close up of a couple of the blocks . . . 
Blue Block 3:
I was using these pre-cuts.  Most of the center blocks were small. 
The centers are 2"
Blue Block 2:
Love how the pink one turned out!
Blue Block 1:
I seriously have no idea where that white thread came from. 
There is no white or even very light grey in this cottage. (that I know  of! ).  I sewed this entire group of blocks with Navy thread. 

I am indeed a Maverick quilter.  

Thanks for coming over.  I'm going back to the sewing room as soon as I finish cooking dinner!  

Tonight I'm linking with . . . 
Crazy Mom at Finish It FridayMake My Saturday Sweet
and Blue Monday and a few other linky's I'll add later!  HeHe.

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully, Miss Sherry! The fabrics are so pretty together☺