Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: One word Hot!


Things that make me happy: sleeping late and having the bed to myself.

Book I'm reading: Just finished Miss Hildreth Wore Brown by Olivia deBelle Byrd


I'm enjoying on TV:
I am actually filling this one in with something new. I just found Pit Bulls and Parolee's on Animal Planet. I really enjoy seeing the changes in the dogs. It is wonderful to see someone care about them and help rehabilitate. The concept of using men on parole and giving them a chance is great too. Check it out.

On the menu for dinner:
No idea. If the freezer, pantry and fridge was stocked I would do a steak with mushfrooms, and a ceasar salad, fresh fried okra, tomato and mozarella for an appetizer and a chocolate dessert ( I am hungry)


On my To Do List:
Want to keep looking for bloggers who repurpose clothing or sew. I am getting a lot of inspiration for a sewing project.
Take photo's for my Thursday Tablescape post.



New recipe I want to try soon: http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2010/07/buckets-of-baked-french-fries.html




In the craft basket: planning a couple of aprons for my giveway. Check it out.
Looking forward to this week: Tablescape Thursday I have a plan for an intimate dinner for two. Come by and see the post.
Tips and Tricks:
When you find a new blog, a favorite post, a favorite photo, or recipe for HMM post click on the title and then in the address bar at the top copy the url and then paste it into a new email. Then email it to yourself. Title the subject 4 HHM and save till your ready to write your post. You can click back on the link to copy the photo then add to your post.


My favorite blog post this week:

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
A new blog I am truly in love with. Alicia has alot to share about home making and being frugal. She is truly inspiring.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:
Sorry this is gross but if you live in an apartment and you have bugs they are probably not your fault because they were there when you moved in. I hate bug spray! My husband thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread he sprays ant's, flies anything with that disgusting stuff. But here's a tip if you do have bugs in kitchen windex, clorox clean up, or even hand washing soap will kill them just pour or spray and they will die right before your eyes. Much safer than that other nasty stuff. But if you find a bug in the dishwasher and you grab the hand dishing soap to annilate the trespasser and then you turn on the dishwasher the water will leak out on the floor.
On my mind:
Finding a job that pays enough but gives me flexibility so I can continue my volunteer job at McFadden Ranch. We do chapel services every week. Yesterday we had 30 boys!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The Lord is my savior and my shield. My heart trusts in Him and I am helped.
My heart leaps for Joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. Psalm 28:7

I think I finally have this verse memorized.

Visit Sandra for more Happy Homemaker posts.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you, and loving you.

cassandrasmom said...

Have you seen Sewing Saturday at Learning to Be Frugal. She is inspiring me to get sewing.

http://learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com/

Amanda said...

Love your blog and will be following to take advantage of all your great stuff!
Blessings,
Amanda