Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods: Just plain Hot!

Things that make me happy: To understand and know God's will.

Book I'm reading again: Mercy Rising by Amber Robison . . . studying this book to feature on my Mission Monday feature over at My Journey Back.

I'm enjoying on TV: Just found reruns of Susan Thomas FBI

On the menu for dinner: hmm....kind of thinkin' Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans I guess. Gettin' hungry thinking about it.

On my To Do List: Organize my tiny apartment . . . organize the closets . . . and prepare a post on small space living.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:


Chicken is on sale this gonna pick some up and try this doesn't it look yummy? Go over here for the recipe.

In the craft basket: Aprons for my give way check out the button on my side bar

Looking forward to this week: Hearing God's answer about my job situation and then moving forward.

Tips and Tricks
When you discover verses for Wordfilled Wednesday or posts, new blogs, or recipes for Happy Homemaker Monday send yourself an email with the link. Leave the emails unopened to remind you.

My favorite blog post this week:
Something to think about . . . this was a great post over at Enchanting Cottage I couldn't get the link to work but it is the August 14th post she shared a really sweet story and a couple of Bible verses. This one spoke to me.
Proverbs 15:13 A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Amy shares her daily dinner plans with recipes and beautiful photo's. Lot's of inspiration here.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

I love this photo thinking of using it over at My Journey Back for my Wordfilled Wednesday post. Come by and check it out.
Lesson learned the past few days: This is one I am trying to learn. In regard to God's plan and His will. We are struggling with the decision of my getting a job.

On my mind: Finding a job I have found a job that really suits me. Would you guys say a prayer for me. Ask God to open the doors and give me peace whether it is in getting this job or not getting it. I struggle with knowing His perfect will.
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield.
My heart trusts in Him and I am helped.
My heart leaps for Joy and I will give Praise to Him in song.

This was my verse for the last couple of weeks. I think I have finally memorized it.

Here’s the new set of verses I am working on this week.
~1 Peter 5:6-10

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's might hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him
because he cares for you.
Be self-confident and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, standing firm in the faith because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong firm and steadfast. To him the power for ever and ever. Amen 1 Peter 5:6-10
Thanks for coming by. Happy Homemaker Monday is hosted by Sandra go over and visit her at Family Corner.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am going to make that recipe soon! My husband loves that kind of meal! Love the picture as well. Have a great week.

Denise said...

Praying for you sis.