Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy on Monday

Hosted by Sandra at Family Corner

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Lovely fall weather. A bit nippy in the morning but lovely afternoons. Lot's of leaves on the ground.

Things that make me happy:
Nothing. Actually having nothing on my list and nothing to do but nothing!

Book I'm reading:
For review: Amy Inspired by Bethany Pierce

What's on my TV today:
Cowboy works tonight so I'll have the remote. Last night we watched Sarah Palin's Alaska on TLC

On the menu for dinner:
Gumbo in the crock pot. Perfect for late dinners. Leaves me time to play while I am alone in the house.

On my To Do List:
Finishing the book I am reading so I can get a review posted this week over at
My Journey Back.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Southwest Rotisserie Wraps from Kosher by Design Teens and 20-somethings
Here's a link for a review with the recipe. (I'll have a copy to give away come back for my review)

In the craft basket:
A quilt made from the grandbabies onesies

Looking forward to this week:

I am a week ahead but I am looking forward to cooking next Wednesday at my daughters.

Tips and Tricks:
Save your babies onesies and bibs from his/her first year and make a quilt.

My favorite blog post this week:
Loved the burlap tree tutorial over at Shabby 2 Chic

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I am lovin' Shabby 2 Chic
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share:





Lesson learned the past few days:
Sometimes no matter how hard you try you just can't please some people. And, everyone has crazy families. I am tryin' to ignore the craziness this holiday season and just focus on the good.
On my mind:
A blogging friend who is ill and been off-line for a few days.
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verse:
"My child, don't make light of the Lord's discipline, and don't give up when he corrects you. For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child." Hebrews 12:5-6.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Gumbo sounds good!
Valerie

My Mad World said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and visiting!!

I have done that with my daughter's stuff. I didn't think about the bibs but I used a lot of her onsies and clothes I loves plus I used some material from the clothes I had made her. She loves her little quilt and I can always add to it!

Love the picture and the verse too!
Have a blessed week!

Jillina said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Making a quilt out of onesies is sheer genius! I wish I had done this before my kids all got too big and their clothes went down donation lane! I'm glad they're going to good use, but I'm sad I didn't think of this! What a great idea!! :)

insanity-and-chaos.blogspot.com