Monday, July 27, 2009

Homemaker Monday

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods: Lovely rain. We had some thunderstorms during the night but now it is just misty. The ground and tomatoe's are soaking it in!


One of my simple pleasures: Sleeping while it is raining. Which is what I did this morning. I never set the alarm. I woke at 9:00 over an hour at least late! So that is why this post is late! But I love sleeping during the rain.


On my bedside table: The same books waiting for thier new home once a get a new bookcase.


On my TV: My husband loves to watch Jepardy at lunch.


On the menu for tonight: Pork tenderloin I grilled on Saturday.


On my To Do List: This week I am trying to firm up location for fundraising dinner for our ministry. I am an impatient girl. I have to get this part done so I can start working on corporate sponsors. The Gift a Way here


New Recipe I tried last week: This isn't new but I did it in the crockpot and it turned out great.

It is called Deer Camp Beans. Basically it is whatever dry beans you want to through in your pot. About a 1/2 cup each. Add rotel tomatoe's, salk pork a small package the whole thing if you have a big crock pot.

A chopped onion and you can add browned ground beef or sausage. Here's a hint I don't care for black beans so I soak them seperately from the rest and rinse real good.

Of course I soak all my beans over night. Then leave them on all day.


In the craft basket: I am a broken record. The same thing as last week. I have got to get my sewing room back in order!


Looking forward to: Getting the sewing room useable again.


Homemaking Tip for this week: Set your alarm especially if you enjoy sleeping during the rain as much as I do. Here's a cooking tip. The pork we are having tonight I grilled on Sat. I usually grill every Friday or Saturday and I do 3-4 meals. So then I have meat already done for the week. Sort of like once a week cooking which I love to do. Really helpful for a busy family.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): I had one saved and forget it. I'll find it and add later. On my other blog though I have a long list of my favorite places to visit. Go check them out you might find a new friend.


Favorite photo from last week:


My daughter and family. My son in love got to drag race at Texas Motor Speedway.

Lesson learned the past few days: Back to that alarm clock again. I am so behind today.


On my Prayer List: Our ministry (financially), The girls at the halfway house. I learned when I visited yesterday that they have changed the rules and now they can only take 8 girls in the van at a time. 3 girls did not get to go to church yesterday.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:The Greatness of small deeds. Seldom do we realize the importance of small deeds, or to what degree of greatness unnoticed kindness leads. - Helen Steiner. I borrowed this from Sandra but it is exactly what I realized yesterday. We have had to cut some of our programming because of lack of funds. Yesterday when we visited the house we were greeted with such warmth by the girls. Some of which we have barely gotten to know because they are new. But just the small deeds we do. The short amount of time we spend with them just makes thier day.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Great tip about the alarm clock, I love sleeping through the rain and can easily sleep right through LOL

Great list :)

Jen said...

I'm with you on the sleeping through the rain. Have a great week.

Tina Leigh said...

I love the recipe! Gonna have to try that. I have bought several pork tenderloins & I can never make them taste good. I havent grilled one so I will try that. Enjoyed your HM!