Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Homemaker Memories . . .


Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday hosted by Sandra. Today I am a little short on time so I am posting without Sandra's template. Let's see how many topics I remember.

The weather in my neck of the woods: Cooler mornings, warm afternoons and cooler evenings. Fall is in the air and leaves are showing up around my door.


Things that make me happy: Holidays everything about them. The planning, the cooking, the shopping, the people! I am just smiling!


Book I'm reading: Finished all my review books at least for today and reading a novel donated to the girls halfway house called Tangerine by Marilynn Griffith. It's a page turner.


On the t.v.: As always nothing.


What am I cooking for dinner: Not really sure we need to do a major grocery shopping. Have no idea when that will happen. But I have shrimp in the freezer and chicken. Maybe tortilla soup if I can stop and get a ripe avocado. Yum.


On my to do list: laundry, finishing up unpacking boxes brought home from storage and moving things around in my 'small space'.


New recipe I want to try: The photo's speaks for it.


I found this at Monica's it is from Taste of Home. These are called apple nacho's I am planning on making them for a Fall party for our apartment ministry.


In the craft basket: Aprons to finish once I un-bury the sewing machine, a quilt to finish binding only have about 12 inches to go might get that done quicker.

Looking forward to this week: I always look forward to Tatooed Hearts and Sunday Worship. I love my boys.

Tips and Tricks: Just figured one out. My memory isn't what it used to be. I didn't get past the weather. So I opened a new window and put up Sandra's last post. Now I am going back and forth between windows reading her topic questions then typing them in my post. It's working for me today! FYI be sure and save every few minutes just in case!

Favorite Post and New blog: I found a great craft project over at Tator tots and Jello it's a really cute blog too. The post is a tutorial showing how to make black spiders out of beads.
I loved it I am going to make some for our apartment Trick or Treat event.


No words needed photo:


Don't forget to help Stamp out Hunger donate to a food drive in your community.

Lessons I learned this week: I have words from The Word hidden in my heart. Some forgotten. I need to work at memorizing scripture. When I was helping the boys last Wednesday they were working on verses I should have been able to recite too. Need some practise!

On my mind: Working on calendar for apartment ministry and finding time for required activities around our ministry and holiday activities.

Scripture or Devotional: We loved You so much that we are delighted to share with You not only the gospel but our lives as well. 1 Thessalonians 2:8 (paraphrased)